Rules / Policies
Rules of The Royal & Ancient Golf Club St. Andrews, Scotland Apply
Please read carefully before play
Out of Bounds
- The former Railway Right-of-way paved road to the left and parallel to No. 1 fairway.
- Left of the white marked stakes to No. 2 fairway.
- Left of the white markers or marked trees at the left of No. 3 fairway. A ball coming to rest on the cart paths plus the right of No. 3 fairway may be lifted and dropped without penalty.
- The out of bounds at No. 5 hole will be to the right of the white markers between No. 5 and 6 fairways.
- Any ball coming to rest on any public road is out of bounds.
- Driving range is out of bounds.
- Ball can be replayed when hitting tension wires on Hole No. 1 near driving range fencing.
Holes 4, 5, 9, 13, 14 and 18 from walls surrounding the greens. One club length no nearer hole. Water hazard. Pond at No. 9 and 18 are defined by yellow line. Drop area provided.
Yardage markets to centre of green
Red & White markers - 100 yards
Black & White markers - 150 yards
Blue & White markers - 200 yards
Soft Spikes Required
DRESS CODE - PROPER GOLFING ATTIRE
Collared shirt, Bermuda shorts or long trousers. No jeans, short shorts, mini skirts, tee-shirts, jogging shorts, or sweat pants. Persons accompanying golfers on the course, as well as those utilising the driving range and putting green, must also be dressed in proper golfing attire. Soft spikes are also required.
Golf carts are mandatory on weekends and public holidays. All persons traveling in a golf cart, single, junior or non playing guest, are responsible for paying their portion of the cart.
No one under 18 years of age will be permitted to rent or operate golf carts.
PLEASE USE CART PATHS AND OBEY THE "NO CARTS ON FAIRWAYS" RULE.
Only two riders and two sets of clubs per cart. Golf carts are not permitted on the driving range or in the car park.
- All players must register in the Pro Shop. Play will commence from the first tee unless indicated by the registration desk or starter.
- Each player must have a set of clubs.
- Junior golfers must play at an acceptable level and be fully aware of golf etiquette.
- Young children/infants are not permitted on the course as spectators or passengers.
- Practice is restricted to the driving range and putting/chipping green.
- Only golf professionals associated with Ocean View Golf Course are permitted to give lessons on the golf course.
- Only food and beverages purchased from Ocean View Golf Course may be taken onto the course. Club rentals from other golf courses or establishments are not permitted.
- No more than 4 players per tee time.
For the game to be enjoyable, an 18 hole round of golf should take no more than four hours. It is the responsibility of each group to keep proper pace of the group ahead. Persons unable to keep proper pace will be asked to allow faster groups to play through or to leave the course.